Monday, January 25, 2010

Haitian Relief, Another week still standing even after the fall

The joy of finally publishing a book is still flowing through my veins. I've decided to donate part of Run into Blackness's proceeds to the Haiti relief effort. This isn't a new idea for me though because I've used the arts in the past to help different causes. What's different is the immediate need for money for the Haitian people. We heard of a couple of deaths in Haiti on my wife's side of the family.

Like the many community problems in the States, it will take time to rebuild Haiti. I just hope our America arrogance doesn't get in the way of letting the Haitian rebuild their country. As I stated THEIR country. Many times America wants other cultures to see the world through red, white and blue eyes all starry and glowing.

That's the beauty of perspective. We all have a vision. Let's respect Haiti's vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment